Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Prep

Today's Run: 5 miles through Bath (work)
Time finished: 37 minutes, 16 seconds (7 minutes, 27 seconds per mile)
Type of run: easy - moderate effort
Miles this week: 19.01

I'm still running like I'm on fire. I'm not entirely sure I understand why I have this burst of energy and regular adrenaline, but if it continues in the morning, I will have no complaints.

My goal(s) for the 4-miler? Well, first and foremost, set a PR (personal record). By finishing the race I should set that considering I have yet to run a 4-mile road race. With this much energy, I have set my secondary goal aggressively: try to finish the race at or close to a 6:30 per mile pace. It's an ambitious goal at best, but I'm going to try as hard as I can to get there. This may be my last race before my dance show. (The Freeport Jingle Bell run may be off-limits due to its proximity to the show's tech week, but we'll see.)

For now, sleep. Then wake up and head to One City Center in Portland. At 9AM, it's go time.

No comments:

Post a Comment